click BELIEVER’S BAPTISM
Baptism is one of two biblical sacraments practiced at The Sanctuary. It is rooted in the teachings and actions of Jesus Christ.
Believer’s Baptism represents both the individual, inward commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus and the corporate, outward sign of being connected to a local community of Christ followers – the local church.
http://transicaoportugal.net/noticias-2/ Why should I be baptized?
- To follow the example set by Jesus. (Mark 1:9)
- Because Christ commands it. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Baptism demonstrates to others that we are Christ followers. (Acts 8:36-38; 18:8)
What is the meaning of baptism?
- Baptism is a symbol illustrating the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:3-4)
- It is a visual object lesson of what Christ did for us. (Colossians 2:12)
- Baptism portrays dying to an old way of life & being born to a new life in Christ. (Romans 6:4)
ashwagandha churna online buy Does baptism make me a Christian?
No. Baptism is an outward symbol of what has happened inwardly. Just as a wedding ring is worn to show that a commitment has been made to another, so baptism is outward symbol of a commitment made to Christ and to the local body of believers.
Please note: Only faith in Christ leads to a life changing relationship with Christ. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10, 13)
When should I be baptized?
As an adult, baptism should occur after I have believed in Jesus Christ as my savior and have committed my life to Him. (Acts 2:41; 8:12-13, 38; 10:46-48; 16:14-15; 18:8)
What other verses would be helpful for further study?
Matthew 3:13-16; Mark 1:5; Luke 3:21; John 3:22-23; Acts 2:38, 41; Acts 8:12,13; 36-38; 9:18; 10:48; 16:15,33; 18:8; 19:5; 22:16; Romans 6:3; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:27