Purpose of Role
The Director of Connections & Care will oversee two key aspects of our life together as a church:
- Lead people from being first-time guests to fully engaged members of The Sanctuary Covenant Church
- Direct a system of congregational care in partnership with the pastoral staff.
The ideal candidate will bring together a deep love for Jesus-centered community, strategic and creative thinking, care-filled management of people, and an inviting personality.
Guest Services – Responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests and provides next steps towards The Sanctuary 5 (Connect, Grow, Serve, Give, Invite).
- Build teams that are deeply committed to warmly welcoming people into weekend services and other gatherings
- Evaluate and improve our guest experience, removing roadblocks to experiencing God’s love
- Inspire a spirit of hospitality that helps the church to remain focused on guests
Integration – Responsible for leading people from 1st-time Guests to fully engaged members
- Coordinate the guest follow-up process
- Host our newcomers’ lunch, Starting Point
- Build systems and structures that support The Sanctuary 5
- Work collaboratively with Formation staff to ensure adults are connected to others for growth, accountability and care
- Work with pastoral staff to respond to member care needs
- Coordinate funeral services in partnership with worship staff and pastors
This role is central to our weekly worship service. The leader must maintain a weekly presence with volunteer teams by leading huddles, encouraging teams, troubleshooting, and standing in the gap as necessary.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated faith and lifestyle commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ
- A love for people and service
- Commitment to the mission, purpose, vision & core values of the Sanctuary Covenant Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of demonstrated relevant experience, paid or volunteer, in a mid-sized church
- Member of or open to seeking membership at Sanctuary Covenant Church
- Ability to develop teams, delegate and empower others on the mission
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, especially across ethnic, gender and generational lines
- Strong gift for leadership and ability to develop/coach others
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete tasks and projects within a given timeline
- Strong aptitude for process improvement, problem solving and creativity
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently as well as within a team structure
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- A learner, someone committed to continual growth and improvement
What you can expect working at Sanctuary
A Growth Culture
When you grow personally and spiritually, your ministry will grow too. We believe in supporting our team members with opportunities for personal, spiritual and professional development.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We want you to have the means to do the work you love, now and into the future. Working at Sanctuary means access to a competitive salary, health and retirement benefits.
Technology that works
Our employees are outfitted with the proper tech to do the role they oversee.
Team Appreciation Events
We like to celebrate each other’s life milestones and show gratitude for a job well done.
Flexible Vacation and Leave Plans
Working hard for something you believe in is rewarding…but also taxing. We provide flexible time away for you to recharge, including time specifically for you to reconnect spiritually outside of the workplace.
Work Hard. Play Hard.
There’s a time for work. And there’s a time for play. We like to do both as a team. We learn, play and laugh together regularly.