After supporting our neighbors through a drive-up food distribution for over a year, we had a problem: it was hard to get to know people just through their vehicle windows. We truly want to know how to help people beyond their immediate needs. Haven Community Food Pantry was born.
Haven allows space for conversation, connection and relationship-building. Haven Pantry is officially open in the Sanctuary Resource Center at 710 West Broadway Ave., in North Minneapolis.
Pantry is open for walk-ins every Wednesday & Thursday (except holidays) from 11 am to 3 pm. Residents of North Minneapolis (55411/55412) may shop once per week. Those who live outside of North Minneapolis are invited to shop once per month.
Haven Pantry has these items available weekly: non perishable food, diapers/wipes, laundry soap, household supplies and more! Some weeks we will have additional items available.
Your gifts stock the shelves at Haven. Here’s two ways you can donate.
- Give financially. The preferred method is to use the Sanctuary Giving Page and select the Care and Support Fund. When you donate financially to Haven, we’re able to combine your gifts with others and make purchases in bulk to fill the shelves.
- Donate goods. You can donate items from the following list. All items must be new and unopened. All food items must be non-perishable. Highly desired items are bolded.
- Hygiene items: Deodorant (men/women), Toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, Sanitary pads, Body wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, Adult diapers, Vaseline, Hair products for textured hair
- Household items (Laundry soap, dish soap, hand soap, toilet tissue, paper towels, Kleenex, Cleaning supplies)
- Diapers (any size,) Baby wipes, baby shampoo, baby lotion, diaper rash ointment, Baby food
- Adult Diapers for men and women
- Women’s pads and tampons
- Clothes for the current season, coats, gloves, hats, scarfs, socks (Must be washed and dried and in good condition)
- Shoes/Boots (Clean and in good condition)
- Small appliances (coffee pots, toaster etc.)
- Cooking utensils/spoons/forks
- Bath towels
- Kitchen towels
- Dishes, pots/pans
- No home cooked food/meals
- No pet food
- No furniture
- No opened food items
- No food items without labels
- No large appliances
- No perishable, frozen, or refrigerated food items
- No canned goods with dents or expired
- No alcohol
- No restaurant sized food items (Large canned goods)
Haven is people-powered
Haven receives major donations on on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. If you would like to volunteer with Haven, you can sign up to help sort and stock items on these Mondays.
Register on the Sanctuary Events Page.