Baptism is one of two biblical sacraments practiced at The Sanctuary. It is rooted in the teachings and actions of Jesus Christ.
Believer’s Baptism represents both the individual, inward commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus and the corporate, outward sign of being connected to a local community of Christ followers – the local church.
Why should I be baptized?
- To follow the example set by Jesus. (Mark 1:9)
- Because Christ commands it. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Baptism demonstrates to others that we are Christ followers. (Acts 8:36-38; 18:8)
What is the meaning of baptism?
- Baptism is a symbol illustrating the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:3-4)
- It is a visual object lesson of what Christ did for us. (Colossians 2:12)
- Baptism portrays dying to an old way of life & being born to a new life in Christ. (Romans 6:4)